We work together,
To challenge each other,
To be ever better;
Versions of ourselves.
We are a listening and caring academy, sited in the midst of our community. We will foster happy children with enquiring minds – children who give and receive respect, care for each other and who will work hard to learn and master the skills and attitudes they need for a successful future in a fast changing world.
Children learn what they live
- If a child lives with criticism she learns to condemn.
- If a child lives with hostility he learns to fight.
- If a child lives with ridicule she learns to be shy,
- If a child lives with shame he learns to feel guilt,
- If a child lives with tolerance she learns to be patient,
- If a child lives with encouragement he learns confidence,
- If a child lives with praise she learns to appreciate,
- If a child lives with fairness he learns justice,
- If a child lives with security she learns to have faith,
- If a child lives with approval he learns to like himself,
- If a child lives with acceptance and friendship
- He or she learns to find love in the world.
At Edward Worlledge we will connect with the World globally by:
- Working well with other schools and other parts of education.
- Making sure our academy is a real part of the community of Great Yarmouth.
- Connecting with other schools in Great Yarmouth, the UK and in other countries.
- Understanding the environment and the importance of looking after it.
At Edward Worlledge we value ourselves by:
- Learning to feel good and confident about ourselves.
- Enjoying and achieving all that we can.
- Leading a healthy lifestyle and staying healthy.
- Staying safe and understanding how to stay safe.
- Doing something positive for others now and in the future.
- Understanding the value of money and saving for the future.
At Edward Worlledge we expect that all of us will:
- Treat each other with respect.
- Encourage and celebrate everyone’s talents and achievements.
- Understand that we all have a responsibility to look after each other.
- Make sure the academy is a safe and secure place.
- Try to make sure the academy is the best it can be.
At Edward Worlledge we help everyone to learn by:
- Giving everyone a fair chance to learn and do their best.
- Making learning exciting and memorable.
- Giving everyone the skills to learn for now and for the future.
- Learning to work together and cooperate.
- Offering many opportunities to learn outside the classroom.