Welcome to Edward Worlledge
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us….
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (also used in the BT Advert!)
So we are in another National Lockdown – do not despair or lose hope. Do not be afraid as we have resilience!
This is an opportunity to support all of us to support and help each other and show what amazing people we are.
Staff in the school, like all of you, have worked hard and given so much during a pandemic that has affected all.
The school have prepared greatly to ensure that your child can access and progress through Remote Learning.
We have provided:
- Your child’s logins for our Digital Platforms; Seesaw, DB Primary and Microsoft 365 and TEAMS
- Your child has access to a number of quality online learning resources including TTRockstars, Renaissance Reading and MyOn. Please also see the Curriculum page on our website.
- A Parent Guide on Remote Learning which includes how we meet Government expectations and how you can support your child at home (Remote/Blended Learning Page on Website)
- A timetable for each week which has been given to your child by their class teacher
- Paper packs for those who need it and our Curriculum page on the website shows what is taught in every subject area and has useful links to extend your child’s learning beyond the classroom
- The Parent Guide also gives useful advice if you are having difficulties, Safeguarding guidance, SEND guidance and wellbeing guidance.
I hope you find this useful and I thank all the pupils, parents and staff for working so hard to make this provision possible and supporting our children so they don’t miss out and they have an equal opportunity to access their education. We all have a responsibility to engage positively to make sure our children do not have any more gaps in their education!
Please push your child to achieve more and not give up – let’s not put limits on our children – let them compete fairly with every other child in the country and the world!
Please let us know if you need any support during this difficult time.
We say in school, If one fails – we all fail!
Stay safe and look after yourselves.
Ms Sashi Siva
13th January 2021
A free virtual event run by the SEND Local Offer for parent carers who have a child with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND). Listen to... Read more
17th December 2020
Help with Energy Bills Women's Health Matters Digital... Read more
26th November 2020
Has your child missed their Flu vaccination in school? If so, please see below poster and book a clinic appointment today! FLU... Read more
View all news
12th November 2020
A massive thank you to all pupils, parents and staff who helped us to raise money for the NSPCC on our academy 'Green Day' (6th November 2020). We had... Read more