We all want our children to have a better life and more opportunities than we had. Parents want their children to have the opportunities to have a better life than the life they were born into.
With this in mind, the intent of our Curriculum is Choice & Opportunity.
We know our local area and our families. We are driven to move forward and provide choice and opportunity for our pupils as they move in to each stage of life.
We want our children to be able to make the right choice and have more opportunities when they grow up.
- The knowledge about what career pathways are open to them and how to get there; choices about higher and further education, apprenticeships or work.
- Making the right choices in the classroom; self-regulation
- Knowing when to intervene and when to walk away both in and out of school.
- Knowing the importance of making the choice to go the extra mile.
- Choosing to be a great citizen, a great student
- To stand up for those that need you too
- To walk away from negative influences
- To learn from mistakes
- To be ambitious about future career paths
- To do the right thing even when others are trying to stop you
- To be proud of who you are
- To better yourself at every opportunity
- To let your talents shine
- To carry on learning when it gets really tough
- To make the right, not the easy choices
We want them to aspire to more – to be able to say “Because of my family and my school, I …”
OAT Curriculum Statement
Please click here to download the OAT Curriculum Statement (Aug 2020).