Art and DT
Across the academy, the Creative Arts are celebrated in a range of ways. Children are regularly introduced to new concepts through their weekly Art lessons and DT Days each half-term. The skills that are taught are transferred across the curriculum into other subject areas to enhance and embed their knowledge and develop the whole child.
Our Art and DT curriculum aims to:
- Develop creative, technical and practical skills needed to perform everyday tasks with confidence
- Explore children’s own ideas and record their experiences creatively
- Become proficient in art, craft and design skills such as drawing, painting and sculpture
- Build and apply understanding to design, make and evaluate independent pieces of work
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
- Understand the importance of a well-balanced diet and learn how to cook simple foods
- To support your child’s learning outside of the classroom and to have quality time as a family, you could visit art galleries and museums displaying different mediums of art and design. In our local area, we are fortunate enough to have regular exhibitions at The Time and Tide Museum and Skippings Gallery, both of which we have visited frequently as an academy.
Attached are some links to develop Art and Design Skills Outside of the Classroom:- LOTC Art & DT